What is the First Aid course?
The First Aid course teaches participants first aid basics for the most common first aid emergencies, including how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills. This course, in conjunction with the CPR course, meets OSHA safety standards for the workplace. The course lasts three hours.
Who should take this course?
The First Aid Course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Workplace requirements include construction and manufacturing industries, sports coaches, counselors, security guards and so many more. Most importantly, it is most likely to be needed at home with family and friends.
What does this course teach?
- First aid basics
- Emergency response, first aid kits etc
- Medical emergencies
- Asthma, Allergies, Low Blood etc
- Injury emergencies
- Cuts, broken bones, internal injuries etc
- Environmental emergencies
- Bites & Stings, heat injuries, poisons etc
- Preventing illness and injury
- Emergency plans, training etc